Madison EMS News
The File of Life
Welcome to Madison Emergency Medical Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Special Event Standby Application
Calendar of Events/Classes
Now Accepting Applications
Madison Emergency Medical Services is accepting applications for the positions of full time and part time Paramedic. Candidates should express their interest: full or part time on the application. Candidates must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Candidates must have or be able to obtain Yale-New Haven Center for EMS Paramedic Medical Authorization by the application closing date. Candidates will be subject to a background investigation, post offer physical exam, physical demand screening as well as a drug and alcohol screening. For more information and the application, please visit our careers page.
The Madison Flag Initiative
The Madison Ambulance Association is embarking on an ambitious fundraising project by selling flags and flag kits to our community. Show your colors and help YOUR ambulance company sustain its lifesaving mission. Flags will be sold most Saturday mornings between 8:00am and 10:00am at the Madison Emergency Medical Services station located at 9 Old Route 79.
Flag Kits: $80.00
Cash or checks accepted.
For more information, please call Peter Scranton: (732)859-7844
Upcoming Courses Presented by Madison EMS
Healthcare Provider CPR and First Aid classes are available. To register for any of the upcoming classes; follow the link to our registration site CTRegionalTraining at https://www.ctregtraining.com/classes/ . Click on the calendar, click on the date of the class to follow the link to the class description. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to add the class to your cart and follow the directions to setup your own account and register for the class. More information regarding the courses offered is available from our course catalog or by calling (203) 245-9821.
Madison EMS Recent Achievements
- May 16, 2016 Members of Madison EMS, Madison Police Department and Madison Hose Co No1 were recently recognized and awarded Unit Citations by Yale-New Haven Sponsor Hospital for their execptional and professional effort during a cardiac arrest, resulting in the preservation of the quality of life for a town visitor. The Madison EMS members are: Gabe Balsamo, William Bergers, Chris Bernier, Michael Nieliwocki and Chris Rahmlow.
- May 18, 2015 Members of Madison EMS, Madison Hose Co No1 and North Madison Volunteer Fire Company were recognized and awarded Unit Citations by Yale-New Haven Sponsor Hospital for their exceptional and professional effort during two different cardiac arrests, resulting in the preservation of the quality of life for two different town residents. The Madison EMS members were: Steve Dillman, Michael Gonsalves, Lindsay Nelson, Chris Steines, Coby Serfass, Michael Nieliwocki, Jesse Gulick, Andrew D'Agostino, Chris Bernier and Amanda Bernier.
- The Madison Chamber of Commerce presented Madison EMS with the 2015 Civic Member of the Year award.
- Madison EMS recently renewed our community's "HeartSAFE Community" designation for the Town of Madison in March of 2014. This three year re-designation recognizes the community's continued commitment to provide improved cardiac response and care to the residents utilizing the "Chain of Survival" of early 9-1-1 access, early cardiopulmonary resuscitation, rapid defibrillation, effective advanced life support and integrated post-cardiac arrest care. A strong Chain of Survival can improve chances of survival and recovery for victims of heart attack, stroke and other emergencies.
- 2011 FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) award for the purchase of two Lifepak 15 cardiac monitors.