Madison EMS News
The File of Life
Welcome to Madison Emergency Medical Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Special Event Standby Application
Calendar of Events/Classes
The Madison Flag Initiative
The Madison Ambulance Association is embarking on an ambitious fundraising project by selling flags and flag kits to our community. Show your colors and help YOUR ambulance company sustain its lifesaving mission. Flags will be sold most Saturday mornings between 8:00am and 10:00am at the Madison Emergency Medical Services station located at 9 Old Route 79.
Flag Kits: $80.00
Cash or checks accepted.
For more information, please call Peter Scranton: (732)859-7844
Upcoming Courses Presented by Madison EMS
Healthcare Provider CPR and First Aid classes are available. The next CPR class to be hosted by Madison EMS is scheduled for Sunday February 12, 2017 at the St Margaret's Church (24 Academy Street, Madison CT) from 1230pm to approximately 4pm. The class will cover Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED and Choking. This is an American Heart Association class and successful completion will earn the student a card good for two years. Cost of the class is $65 per person. To register for any of the upcoming classes; follow the link to our registration site CTRegionalTraining at https://www.ctregtraining.com/classes/ . Click on the calendar, click on the date of the class to follow the link to the class description. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to add the class to your cart and follow the directions to setup your own account and register for the class. More information regarding the courses offered is available from our course catalog or by calling (203) 245-9821.
EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) Initial Class Certification 3/1/17 - 5/6/17
March 1 @ 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM for orientation|Student cost: $950.00
This EMT program is an entry level course of 160+ hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing care that is critical to patient survival. The EMT course provides instruction in life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition, and more. The program is a combination of classroom instruction with an online component and 12 hours of clinical observation. Skill classes will be every Saturday from 8am-3pm.
Upon the completion of a successful state exam (this is included in the tuition), the final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam. The examination fee of $125 is separate from the tuition and is paid at the time of the exam of a specified state exam location to be announced.
To register for any of the upcoming classes; follow the link to our registration site CTRegionalTraining at https://www.ctregtraining.com/classes/ . Click on the calendar, click on the date of the class to follow the link to the class description. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to add the class to your cart and follow the directions to setup your own account and register for the class.
Madison EMS Recent Achievements
- May 16, 2016 Members of Madison EMS, Madison Police Department and Madison Hose Co No1 were recently recognized and awarded Unit Citations by Yale-New Haven Sponsor Hospital for their execptional and professional effort during a cardiac arrest, resulting in the preservation of the quality of life for a town visitor. The Madison EMS members are: Gabe Balsamo, William Bergers, Chris Bernier, Michael Nieliwocki and Chris Rahmlow.
- May 18, 2015 Members of Madison EMS, Madison Hose Co No1 and North Madison Volunteer Fire Company were recognized and awarded Unit Citations by Yale-New Haven Sponsor Hospital for their exceptional and professional effort during two different cardiac arrests, resulting in the preservation of the quality of life for two different town residents. The Madison EMS members were: Steve Dillman, Michael Gonsalves, Lindsay Nelson, Chris Steines, Coby Serfass, Michael Nieliwocki, Jesse Gulick, Andrew D'Agostino, Chris Bernier and Amanda Bernier.
- The Madison Chamber of Commerce presented Madison EMS with the 2015 Civic Member of the Year award.
- Madison EMS recently renewed our community's "HeartSAFE Community" designation for the Town of Madison in March of 2014. This three year re-designation recognizes the community's continued commitment to provide improved cardiac response and care to the residents utilizing the "Chain of Survival" of early 9-1-1 access, early cardiopulmonary resuscitation, rapid defibrillation, effective advanced life support and integrated post-cardiac arrest care. A strong Chain of Survival can improve chances of survival and recovery for victims of heart attack, stroke and other emergencies.
- 2011 FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) award for the purchase of two Lifepak 15 cardiac monitors.